Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bittersweet, One Direction


British boy band, One Direction, performed in South Africa for the first time this past weekend. Been given the opportunity to work as an usher at the concert on both nights, I experienced overwhelming reactions of the audience firsthand. 
                                                               
As the crowd built up, I barely recognised the band members, but I was aware that they one of the world’s most popular. The anticipation and excitement that came from the crowd was all new to me - I had little knowledge of what I would be dealing with. The fans painted their faces, made banners and bought gifts to get the attention of their idols.
                                  
The performance went on and the fans displayed their excitement by crying, screaming, throwing items, and fainting. Although the job had us on our toes, it was worth every minute. Seeing the joy and excitement in the fans faces made me feel the connection they felt towards the band. The band interacted with the crowd and the sound of their voices made the stadium a lot more warm and loving.
                                   
One Direction will perform their last South African concert in Cape Town tonight, then they head off to Dubai.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment